Saturday, July 7, 2007

Working Out With Mr. Olympia - Jay Cutler!


I bet a lot of you bodybuilding fans have thought about what it would be like to workout with a pro bodybuilder and even the big man himself - Jay Cutler. Well the only thing I really lifted was a camera but I did get to watch while Jay worked out with his lifting partners in the "Pit" at world famous Muscle Beach right on the boardwalk at the beach in Venice California.

So let me tell you how this happened. I was at the Junior California NPC competition in Pasadena CA on Saturday. Jay was in town as the guest poser for this show along with his good buddy, IFBB Pro Derick Farnsworth. Well I got the phone call in the late afternoon that Jay was possibly going to come out to the "Pit" to workout and he would also be videotaped for his brand new DVD to be released at the end of July.

I am the official photographer for the Muscle Beach Venice shows, so I was lucky enough to get the heads up. Later in the evening I got another message that it was still not confirmed but that I would know by 9 or so the following morning. So Sunday morning came along, I got the call, packed up and checked out of my hotel and headed to the beach. It looked like a good way to spend a Sunday!

Shortly after I got there, Jay came walking along the boardwalk with his buddies. And you can bet there were a lot of looks from the tourists! Although it was a cloudy day there was still plenty of people.

Venice Beach is perhaps the second or third most popular tourist attraction in the world right behind Disneyland and Las Vegas. And at Muscle Beach where most people in the world think muscles were born, the reigning Mr. Olympia came to do his back workout on a Sunday.

The same place where the careers and legends of Arnold and so many else were started. Well after Jay shook hands with some people and took a few photos with the quickly building crowd, Mr. O got down to business.

To see the whole story and more photos just go on over to BodyBuilding.com

I want to thank my very good friend Joe Wheatley for letting me know that Jay was on his way to work out. Joe is the man behind all of the great improvements taking place at Muscle Beach for the last few years. He has brought us some great competitions over the Summer, he is the man behind the BodyBuilding Hall Of Fame Awards and will shortly be officially unveiling the BodyBuilding Walk Of Fame right at the workout "Pit" at Muscle Beach. And with his vision there will one day soon be a BodyBuilding Hall Of Fame right there where it all started. So when you get to Venice Beach, be sure to stop on by, there is a lot to see. Be sure to say Hi to Joe and thank him for all his tireless efforts; And you might want to work out too!


Thanks for looking and keep coming back if you "Wanna See More...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment