Friday, August 27, 2010

Dog Training.... In The Gym!

I have photographed my share of ads but this is one of my favorite ad shoots of all time...

These ads ran in all of the magazines over a long time. This is Olympia trainer to the top bodybuilders of the world, Charles Glass, training a dog in the gym.
Now for a little behind the scenes story; The original idea was for Charles to train a cat and just on the treadmill. I suggested that a cat might be difficult and that a dog was a better idea. So it was agreed to go with a dog. And because one of the owners of BodyBuilding.com loved English Bulldogs, we decided to go with an English Bulldog. 

So I needed an English Bulldog that would run on a treadmill and "lift" weights, my idea. And I needed a gym that would be completely empty for the shoot for other reasons that you will see in another blog post later. 

I found the dog, actually a veteran of many television commercials, and a gym that I could have on the Sunday of a Thanksgiving weekend. And it all came together.

There are approximately 300 photos from that day and all together they are as funny as you can imagine, very LOL! Charles and the dog were best friends immediately and it became the photo shoot of a lifetime. Soon I will post a slideshow of the day, so...

Keep coming back if you "Wanna See More...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment