Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Forever Marilyn"

You know what I like about "Forever Marilyn"? It just seems happy and fun. Look at her face, makes me smile.


The temporary installation of "Forever Marilyn" is here in Palm Springs. It is a 26 ft tall sculpture of Marilyn Monroe created by Seward Johnson. I think most everyone in the world has seen the photographs that were the inspiration for this artwork. It was a scene from 1955 movie "The Seven Year Itch".

Actually there was controversy about bringing it here to Palm Springs. Despite the costs being absorbed by private donations, there was a lot of old grumpiness about it. There was even a bunch of false modesty concerns about being able to look up her dress. I have my doubts that there is anything lewd in being able to look up at painted aluminum and stainless steel white panties.

As you might imagine "Forever Marilyn" is a huge (in more than one way) tourist attraction. People are around it all the time and they are all smiling too. Everyone taking pictures so I decided I needed to take a photograph too. I think she is fun!

I just remembered that my friend Nicole Hansen was Marilyn Monroe in the Billy Idol music video "L.A. Woman". Nicole I have an idea LOL!

Billy Idol - L.A. Woman by BillyIdol-Official

No comments:

Post a Comment